AEMS shall facilitate continuous improvement of the diverse components of Emergency Medical Services for the Central Arizona Region, through an inclusive, collaborative, patient-focused, and comprehensive approach, to meet the changing needs of the System and the community.
AEMS shall establish and maintain a partnership with the Prehospital, Hospital, and Medical communities, to provide leadership and guidance of the alliance of providers. AEMS shall facilitate the efficient provision of high quality Emergency Medical Services to the residents of the Central Arizona Region.
- Coordination - To encourage integration and collaboration of all groups, agencies, and organizations involved with providing Emergency Medical Services, so as to optimize medical care.
- Public Policy - To create a high level of awareness and commitment to Emergency Medical Services among public policy-makers in Arizona.
- Oversight and Quality Improvement - To develop and implement a quality improvement system for Emergency Medical Services that provides adequate information to improve care, develop prevention strategies, and address education and quality assurance activities.
- System Standards - To establish, in an effective and impartial manner, criteria and an oversight process for facilities and agencies involved in providing emergency care so as to optimally match patients to appropriate levels of care, recognizing the different needs of urban and rural areas.
- Fiscal Responsibility - To evaluate new cost-effective concepts, including alternative treatment and transport, recognizing that safety cannot be compromised in any cost-containment efforts.
- Prevention - To protect, maintain and improve the health of all people through the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of prevention programs.