AEMS is pleased to announce scholarships available for the 2018 EMS Odyssey Conference (main event) May 10-11, 2018. AEMS will award a limited number of scholarships to representatives of Central Arizona Region agencies/hospitals for the the Conference.
ELIGIBILITY: Please note that scholarships will be awarded to those professionals or volunteers whom meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Individuals affiliated with pediatric hospitals or pediatric prepared care hospitals where their facility does not offer or reimburse the cost for similar trainings
- Individuals serving rural areas
- Individuals demonstrating a financial need
IMPORTANT: Individuals will not be considered if they have received an AEMS scholarship within the past three years.
The scholarship application is located by clicking the tab marked "application" and must be completed by an authorized representative from a Central Arizona Region agency or hospital on behalf of the nominee. NO self-nominations by individuals permitted. While applications must be received by April 27, scholarships will be awarded on first come, first served basis, with priority given to those who are with rural agencies/hospitals as well as those who have not previously received a scholarship from AEMS.
For more information, contact AEMS.
Scholarship Terms of Agreement
- Scholarships will be awarded to individuals on behalf of their agencies/hospitals serving the Central Arizona Region (which includes Maricopa, Pinal, and Gila counties. In order for an individual to be eligible to attend the Conference on scholarship, an agency/hospital must nominate him/her - NO self-nominations by an individual will be accepted. The individual nominated by the agency/hospital must dedicate his/her complete service to the needs of the Central Arizona Region.
- The Conference Scholarship covers one registration fee to attend the EMS Odyssey Conference May 10-11, 2018. Additionally, the conference program, continental breakfasts, breaks, and lunches will also be included. The Conference Scholarship recipient is responsible for all other costs associated with traveling to and attending the Conference including meals, hotel sleeping rooms, hotel incidental and amenity charges, mileage, etc..
- NOTE: No money (funding) will be exchanged with scholarship recipients or their agencies/hospitals - AEMS will coordinate the registrations of the scholarship recipients.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first served basis, with priority given to those outlines above. All applications must be completed and returned via electronic filing by April 27. If you do not have access to the web, AEMS will, upon request, provide a hard copy of this application, which you may return via fax or regular mail.
- All agencies/hospitals are eligible to receive one scholarship.
- An agency/hospital awarded a scholarship will be held accountable and responsible to ensure their nominee's participation in the conference - including, if necessary, finding a substitute. If a scholarship recipient does not attend and if no substitute is found, the agency/hospital will be required to reimburse AEMS for the conference fee. This stipulation is to ensure that an awarded scholarship is not squandered.
- AEMS reserves the right to request additional information about the scholarship nominee and his/herqualifications.
- All scholarship funding is pending and subject to funding received by the Arizona Department of Health Services.