AEMS current Board vacancies are listed below. We are accepting nominations from those whom are eligible and interested.
Please complete the Board of Governors nomination at the bottom of this page for the position you are interested in and eligible for, including the State Committees. The election will be held during the AEMS Board of Governors meeting on August 21. Thank you for your interest.
*AEMS Board of Governors Vacancies:
- Representative of the Administrations of Hospitals, Non-Trauma Center Hospital
- Representative from Public Employer of Emergency Medical Care Technicians (EMCTs, from Political Subdivision of Population Greater than 500,000)
- Representative of the Administrations of Hospitals, Trauma Center Hospital (incumbent)
- Representative from a Public Employer of Emergency Medical Care Technicians (EMCTs), from Distinct Political Subdivision with a Population of Between 50,000 and 500,000 (incumbent)
**State Committee Vacancies Representing AEMS/Central Region:
- One TEPI: Prehospital EMS Coordinator (affiliated with SAEMS/AEMS)
IMPORTANT: Elections will be held during the AEMS Board of Governors meeting on August 21. ALL nominees are encouraged to attend the August 21 meeting where they will be introduced to the Board and provided a few minutes to share bio information and declare their interest in serving.
*Trauma Center refers to State of Arizona Designated Level 1 or Level 2 facility providing enhanced trauma care, and categorized as such.
*Non-Trauma Center refers to a facility that is not a State of Arizona Designated Level 1 or Level 2 Trauma Center.
*Administration means an individual that has programmatic responsibilities and budgetary authority.
*If a position involves a recommendation by a professional association, we do require a letter from the association acknowledging your nomination.
**For State Committee vacancies, AEMS selects the best person based on merit AND to serve as our recommended candidate. State has final approval of the candidate selected to serve in these positions.